Name: Stephanie Leventhal
What year? I am a fourth-year student.
E-Mail: stephlev@ufl.edu
Where are you from? I am from Bogota, Colombia, but I moved to Miami when I was 12 years old.
Why did you come to the University of Florida? I chose UF because it is a top university and it made sense economically because I am a Florida resident. Also, I wanted to be close to my family in Miami.
Major? Journalism.
Why are you taking this course (besides the fact it is required)? I took an editing course last semester with Dr. Rodgers, and I really enjoyed it. Also, it was the only capstone course that fit in my schedule.
Outside interests, hobbies, avocations, things you love to do? My passion is to travel and to learn about cultures. I love learning different languages, listening to ethnic music and tasting foreign food.
Tell me one interesting thing about you – something that makes you unique. I have traveled to 22 countries in my life.
Are you the first person in your family to attend a university? No.
On a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being top-notch, how would you rate your knowledge of grammar, punctuation and AP style? 9.
On the same scale, how would you rate your skills with working with InDesign and PhotoShop and with online media in general? 8.
What online skills do you feel you are proficient at? HTML, CSS, blogging, Soundslides, video editing and audio editing.
Where do you get most of your news? The New York Times and CNN.
What books are you reading and have read in the last three months? I only have time to read the textbooks for my classes.
Career Goals? Be specific as possible. Elaborate a bit. I am going to graduate this semester, and I am in the process of applying to law school. If I get in, that will take care of the next three years. If I don’t, I would like to move abroad to France and find a job in the field of journalism.
What magazines, newspapers and news Web sites do you read regularly? The New York Times and CNN.
What is your favorite Web site? Youtube.com.
Do you blog? Yes.
Do you have any media/communication experience? If so, what? Yes. I was an editorial intern for Counterpoise Magazine and a communications intern for Southern Legal Counsel.
Are you pursuing a media related internship or job at this time? I am currently the editor-in-chief of the Anole Magazine.
Do you have an updated resume in your files? Yes.
No comments:
Post a Comment